Build a Snowman Contest
November 1 - 20, 2023
Help us decorate the Town of Rocky Mount by building your very own snowman!
You will bring your finished snowman to the Essig Recreation Center by Monday, November 20th to enter the contest. Franklin County Parks & Recreation Staff will display all snowmen in the Town of Rocky Mount for the month of December.
Winners will be announced and a special ceremony will be held on the front of the Franklin County Courthouse Lawn on Friday, November 24th at 5:00 pm.
All businesses, non-profits, schools, groups and families that live in Franklin County are invited to enter this FREE contest!
How Do I Register?
- Fill out an entry form and mail, email or hand deliver to the Essig Recreation Center.
- Entry forms received November 1-20, 2023.
What are the Decorating Rules?
- Your entry should be at least 4 feet tall but not exceed 7 feet tall.
- Your entry must not obstruct or impede any sidewalk or right of way.
- Please use materials that will be durable during rain, snow, sleet, ice or wind.
- All parts of the snowman must be secured to withstand outdoor elements.
- Snowman must be family friendly.
- Snowman should be labeled with name of entry.
- Snowman must be brought to the Essig Recreation Center by Monday, November 20, 2023 by 5pm.
Who will Display my Snowman?
- Staff of Franklin County Parks & Recreation will display your snowman in uptown or downtown Rocky Mount the last week of November.
- Staff of Franklin County Parks & Recreation will remove the snowman by the end of December.
Where do I bring my snowman?
- Bring your Snowman to the Essig Recreation Center starting November 2nd.
- All snowmen entries must be delivered no later than Monday, November 20, 2023 by 5pm.
How will I know who wins?
- Winners will be called the week of November 21st and invited to a winner’s ceremony at the Franklin County Courthouse on Friday, November 24th.
- Call 540-483-9238
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org